Sunday, March 09, 2008
So, despite several hours spent helping with homework projects, I did get some work done - I got one of the Hawaiian quilt tops pinned together ready for quilting, and had a little practice quilting try to work out if I can incorporate things like a palm tree or a sailboat as well as waves (I think I can). Will probably try to quilt a little of it some time this week, if things go to plan.
Also worked today on two small (6") panels for the Dyehard/Surfacing quilt projects for 2008. The left one is the March one for dyehard - the instructions being to use squares or rectangles and complementary colours. I chose purple and yellow for my compliments and did a simple chequerboard of squares. And a black ring, to incorporate my black fabric and my circle theme.
The piece on the right is for the project for the suface embellishment half of the group - the instructions aren't given by month there, only in a list of techniques/materials that are supposed to be used over the year, so I have just grabbed the first technique on the list (angelina) and ran with it. I decided to carry on with the purple and yellow theme, and just did loads of overlapping circles with the two colours of angelina - started with a mistyfuse base on a black background.